713 Main Street, Evanston, Illinois 60202/224-420-1802/https://friendsofthefamilyhomecare.com/
Welcome to Friends of the Family Homecare!
Our company is owned by a Christian community called Reba Place Fellowship that, for over 50 years, has enabled its members to “Age in Place”. We have shared many years of life with people who are aging in their homes with dignity and grace among us.
Our caregivers are generally married, college-educated moms of young and school aged children who want meaningful work within their community. We try to match one client with one caregiver wherever possible and we try to make the geographic distance between client and caregiver as short as possible; ideally the caregiver can walk to your home.
Our Home Services Caregivers have all received a background check and are enrolled on the national healthcare worker’s registry. Prior to hiring, they have all passed a physical examination, reference checks, and an evaluation of competency in several key areas. Our caregivers have also received training in our philosophy of person-centered care and in a variety of procedures related to home care, hygiene and infection control and emergency response.
Home Services Provided:
- Companionship and Conversation
- Enriching Activities : working on projects, playing games, reading, etc.
- Medication Reminders : for prescriptions and supplements that have already been chosen by the you and your doctor, we can inquire as to whether medications were taken, make verbal prompts to take medications, hand an appropriately marked medication minder container to the client, and open that container if assistance is required.
- Diet Monitoring and Nutritional Meal Preparation: according to a plan chosen by you and your health care professional
- Movement and Exercise: encouraging normal movement and assisting with adaptive equipment the client has already been trained to use
- Bathing and Showering Assistance
- Grooming Assistance including hair care, preventative skin care, shaving, mouth care, nail care and makeup
- Dressing Assistance
- Toileting including pericare and emptying of various devices as needed
- Running small errands such as picking up or dropping off mail or making a small purchase
- Accompaniment to appointments in a taxi, in your vehicle, or with our transportation service
- Transfers when you are able to assist with the transfer
- Light Housekeeping including
- Straightening Up
- Changing Bed Liner/Making Bed
- Taking out trash
- Keeping refrigerator clean
- Light Mopping
- Cleaning Toilet
For more information, please visit: https://friendsofthefamilyhomecare.com/